Thursday, May 2, 2013

Number 25: Song of Songs 1:4

"...We rejoice and delight in you; we will praise your love more than wine..."
Sgs 1:4
During worship, I could see my body as a clay sculpture; not finished and smooth but rough and ridged on the surface, still a work in progress. My mother is a sculpture, I have seen her work on many a piece and this was what came to my mind as I watched the story unfold. He was there, tools in hand, face bent toward mine as He intently worked. Every detail mattered, each curve, wrinkle, and line the product of his fashioning. And it struck me how very close He was, His face inches from where He worked, as if the most diminutive detail would not be there without His decision. “You know what it’s like to be an artist,” He said, “You know that there is no way an artist could be this intimate and intentional with a piece and not love it. You are my works of art, my creations, and this is how I am with you. Every one of you,” He looked me in the face, “How could I not love you?”

Lord...we rejoice and delight in YOU as you rejoice and delight in us, we praise your love and we thank you for loving us beyond anything we can imagine. May we see ourselves the way you see us, may we see you the way you deserve. May the truth be written on our hearts, unshakable. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment